Presenter - John Clarke
1. What time is your time slot and what does your session consist of? (segments, types of music, serials etc)
Monday night 8.00 to 11.00pm.
A Kaleidoscope of quality relaxing popular music from the 1930s to the 1980s including the following segments.
- 9.00pm Hits of the 50s – 15 minutes of 1950s hit songs.
- 9.30pm Spotlight on Nat King Cole – 12 minutes of the songs of Nat King Cole from his jazz pianist roots to his popular period in the 1950s.
- 10.07pm after the news Night Music – Relaxing music that is similar to the “Music to Midnight” program broadcast on ABC radio in the early ‘70s by Arch McKirdy and subsequently Ian Neil. It features a wide range of artists who perform popular songs and jazz standards of the twentieth century.
2. How did you first connect with GDR?
I heard the station on air and became involved as a volunteer in 1999 while it was still conducting test broadcasts. I then presented the Wednesday night program in 2001 when the station had to fill an extra three days a week after receiving its full time licence.
3. Why did you want to be a presenter?
I didn’t particularly want to be a presenter but had been filling in for other presenters and was asked to do the Wednesday night program when the station received its full time licence. I said I would fill in until someone else could take over. That didn’t happen and the rest is history.
4. What experience do you want to give your listeners?
I want to engage with the listeners in a personal and relaxing way. After all, it’s night time, so I want them to feel they are relaxing with me and enjoying some of the great jazz singers and musicians of the twentieth century.
|Day||Program Name||Time Frame|
|GDR Program Guide on Monday||7:07pm - 11:00pm||7pm - 11pm|